Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Blog Alert

I just wanted everyone to know that I am going to be making my blog private. I have been using a site called Site Meter to monitor who views my blog and where they are from and how they found my blog. Here is the link ,http://www.sitemeter.com/. I was checking it casually and lately noticed that there were people viewing pages of my blog that seemed unsavory. I had posted a page titled "swim lesson" almost a year ago and noticed that there were people from other countries that were visiting this post regularly. It made me sick. I have deleted this post, but people still have access to the rest of my blog. I think that they found my blog by searching google images or other google searches. I have taken my blog off search engines, but would feel better if images of my cute kids weren't used for other purposes. I don't feel that having a open blog is bad, but if you are interested in using this site it gives you a much better idea of who is viewing your information. It is free if you do the limited version, but it serves the purpose that I needed. I loved having an open blog, and I hate that you will all have to log in to see my blog, but I feel like it is the right thing to do for my family. I don't feel like my family is in any danger, but I don't like images I post being exploited.

I have added comment moderation so if you would like to view my blog and be added to my list leave a comment with your email address and I will add it to the list. I will not publish your email address in the comments section, I will only be writing down your email from my email address. I hate doing this, in fact it makes me really mad, but there is not much I can do.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Hey there- what a shame that you need to go private-I am trying not to do that, but maybe I need to install that site thing and see how my blogs is being viewed :) Thanks for the insight. Anyway, I hope I get an invite so we can stay in touch....
ezherb@msn.com
Thanks!!!