We had a great Thanksgiving this year. I baked my first ever apple and pecan pies, and they turned out pretty well. We had a nice dinner with my parents and my brother Travis and his wife Christie. It was low key and so relaxing. I am very thankful to have family close and to have such a great relationship with them. I love my own little family and am thankful for our health and for all that the Lord has blessed us with.
I am really looking forward to this coming Christmas when my other brother and one of my little sisters will be home. We have such a great time playing games and reminiscing. In preparation for Christmas I participated in the crazy Black Friday Shopping spree. It was my first time joining the madness and I have to say it was kind of fun. My friend Cammie is a Black Friday expert. She asked if I wanted to join her this year and I thought what the heck, I will at least try it once. She had me meet her at her house at 3:00am and then we headed over to Kohl's, which opened at 4:00am. We waited in line and it was kind of like in the movies, a mad dash for the goods. We were some of the first people in and I got everything I had on my list. My favorite buy was a knife set that normally cost about $120 and I got it for $29. I also got some fun toys at over 50% off. We then went to Wal-mart that opened at 5:00. That place was a zoo. Cammie was trying to move a cart and we eventually abandoned it and and made our way to the front of the store. If you weren't buying the big ticket electronics it wasn't too bad, but the electronics line was huge. Out last stop was Target. I got some great toys and things for my kids and finished most of my Kids Christmas shopping that morning. I may have lost lots of sleep, but I saved lots of money and had fun visiting with Cammie and her little brother. After the mad dash, we went to Mimi's cafe for a much earned breakfast.
I know that this is a forever long post, but my last first was putting up our new Christmas tree. I love it. It is a 71/2 foot tree that is pre-lit with 1500 lights. It was so much easier that our old tree and I love all the lights. Our old tree didn't have the lights and it took me forever to add all the stands of lights. I miss having a real tree, but I do love how pretty this one is. Thanks to the people who invented pre-lit trees. Thanks Josh, for indulging me! I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment