OK, so I have been a major slacker on posting, I know that you all just can't wait to see what I have to say! :) Life as usual has been fun but busy. We had Josh's mom here for a visit which was nice. Josh's school got started and is going well. He is doing a great job and I am very proud of him. I am glad that I am not the principal of a school, it is so much work. I guess all jobs are a lot of work, but you know what I mean.
Grant is growing by leaps and bounds. He is crawling and pulling up on everything!! We have definitely hit the bruiser stage. His poor head keeps getting bonked in all the falls. I guess if it doesn't kill you it just makes you stronger. He also has four teeth now! He has been working on the top two for the last couple of weeks and I am so glad that they have finally come through. Teething babies are so not fun, this is part of the reason I have been a slacker. I am feeling a little sleep deprived, but like most moms we just tough it out. I repeat if it doesn't kill you . . . just kidding!
Juliana started pre-school and really seems to like it. Some of you know that I had a major dilemma about putting her in kindergarten or preschool. It shouldn't have been a big deal but to me it was huge and I still question if we made the right choice. She missed the regular cut-off date by about two weeks. She could have gone to Josh's school this year because they test kids into kinder. We seriously considered this and will send her there next year, but as you know decided to wait. Academically she is ready and I would even say socially she is ready, but you get intro all the issues of being the oldest and youngest in her class, blah, blah. We were also concerned about her still having potty accidents, small ones, but still fairly consistent. I guess I have finally made my peace with it all. I just said a little prayer and hope that it all works out.
Malia is still keeping us busy. She loves to play games and play outside. I didn't put her in preschool this year, but I am watching another little girl while Juliana goes and I think that I will do mini preschool for two of them. I hope I am not short changing Malia on preschool, I guess because Juliana was our first we went a little overboard, but I figure that Malia is well socialized with a bigger older sister, so that has to help, right?
I have been keeping busy too. I have been helping with church stuff and am making a craft for our Super Saturday in October. I may seem like a crafty person from the last couple of posts, but I really am not. So when my friend asked me to help teach the class and then told me to create a sample based off a picture, I have to say I was a little intimidated. I am making a Halloween decoration made of wood, vinyl lettering and wire. I will post pictures when I have the sample done. Now that I have blabbed a little too much, I better go get my crying baby. Pray for me that he actually sleeps tonight!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment